The government will not allow Wembley to be at full capacity for England’s Euro 2020 final with Italy.
More than 60,000 supporters were in attendance as the Three Lions made history to reach their first major final for 55 years.
England were roared on by the biggest crowd seen in the country since the start of the coronavirus pandemic last March.
It marked the latest trial from government ministers who are hoping for a full reopening by July 19.
For the three group games, 22,500 fans were admitted into Wembley, while that was doubled for the last-16 win over Germany.
And with England reaching the showpiece on Sunday, there had been some hope that the government could relax rules even further to allow a full 90,000 into the stadium.
Italy are set to be backed by almost 8,000 fans, with special dispensation being given to a thousand supporters to fly in on Sunday.
However, that prospect now looks extremely unlikely, although talks have been held within the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
The Prime Minister’s official spokesperson said: “There are no plans to extend the capacity”
England boss Gareth Southgate hailed the electrifying Wembley atmosphere, claiming it was the best heard in the new stadium.
“I’m so proud of the players,” Southgate said. “It’s an incredible occasion to be a part of, the fans were incredible all night.
“For our country…I’ve not heard the new Wembley like that, ever. To be able to share that with everybody is very special.”
Tickets are already being sold via second-hand websites, with some on sale for £50,000.
England are set to face some sanctions for fan behaviour in the win over Denmark, UEFA confirmed they have opened an investigation into three incidents during the semi-final.
There were a number of controversial incidents on the night, with Denmark goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel having a laser pen shone in his eyes before Harry Kane took his extra-time penalty.
And the Danish national anthem was also booed ahead of kick-off by a number of fans, while others set off flares.
A statement released by UEFA on Thursday announced that England would be charged for the three incidents as a result.